Reports to: Associate Director
We are looking for an Education Consultant with strong technology and coaching experience in the education sector. The Education Consultant will work closely with schools and colleges to design, implement and quality assure coaching and CPD services provided by 9ine. This is an excellent and highly rewarding opportunity to have a direct impact upon teachers and schools in order to improve the outcomes of their learners.
This role is ideally suited to a teacher with 3 years’ minimum classroom teaching experience. Experience of managing others and of successfully developing the use of technology within their own practice is essential. Competitive salary for the right candidate. Must be willing to travel within the UK.
Why join 9ine?
9ine provides schools, academies, colleges and universities with consultancy, technical assurance and strategic support in order to drive and manage change with new or existing technology solutions. Our objective is to support education organisations to raise attainment, aspirations and achievement through the effective use of technology. Working in partnership, we provide education leaders with the knowledge and means to improve the use and perception of technology, raising confidence amongst users and ultimately improving outcomes for learners.
9ine is an exciting, vibrant company based in London that has continued to grow every year since its inception in 2009. We thrive on creating innovative solutions for our education clients and this is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work with a wide variety of schools and colleges and demonstrate their expertise in improving outcomes through the effective combination of pedagogy and technology.
What we are looking for in an Education Consultant:
● A qualified teacher, with 3 years' minimum classroom teaching experience
● Experience of working with teachers and education professionals to improve the quality of teaching and learning outcomes.
● Understanding of the principles and predominant workflows associated with standard classroom technology, networks and cloud services used by schools and colleges.
● Experience of writing lesson plans and schemes of work to meet the needs of a range of learners
● Excellent communication skills with an ability to manage diverse stakeholder interests.
● Analytical skills with the ability to develop and articulate clear solutions to complex problems.
● Qualifications equivalent to degree level or higher in Education, or be able to demonstrate ability and background of successful performance in education institutions.
● Excellent time and priority management to successfully deliver high quality outputs across a range of concurrent projects/tasks.
● Understanding of budgets and the ability to apply process driven solutions to a wide range of problems. ● A positive and proactive aƫtude to challenging environments.
● An appetite to continually improve professionally.
● Ability to work collaboratively as a positive influence within a team environment.
● An open approach to technology with experience in the use of Windows, Mac OS and Android.
You will ideally be/have:
● A teacher with a minimum of 3 years' classroom experience.
● Experience of working with classroom practitioners to deliver professional development programmes within schools and/or colleges.
● Able to understand and apply a range of strategies to improve lesson planning, delivery and the impact of teaching upon upon student outcomes.
● Experience or knowledge of working with GAFE or O365 in an education institution
● Project Management certifications or qualifications (these will be available through the 9ine training and development plan if not already achieved).
Your Accountabilities will include:
● Management of client projects and deliverables
● Line management, mentoring and personal development of Consultants & Graduates.
● Creating and managing relationships internally and externally.
● Supporting peer review of outgoing delivery documentation and internal processes documentation.
● Understanding and delivering effective, added value solutions based on a client's strategy and goals.
● To present to clients in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge of the following:
● Outstanding teaching practice.
● UK education system.
● Priorities for UK schools and colleges.
● Project Management.
A competitive package will be offered will be based on experience. Please provide an indication of your salary expectations within your cover letter. Your cover letter must address what you could contribute to 9ine in the role and what your approach would be the post as advertised. 9ine provide a comprehensive benefits scheme which include: Health care, life cover, pension and participation in the 9ine EMI Share Scheme.
Our assessment process takes into consideration the following:
● Evaluation of covering letter and CV. If successful;
● An initial telephone interview. If successful;
● Interview with Managing Director and/ or Operations Director
● 360 discussion with three or more current 9ine staff. In these discussions you will have an opportunity to ask what it is like to work at 9ine and what we do.
● Presentation and final interview.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, details of your current package, availability for interview and CV.