Technology / Technical IT Consultant (Clapham, sw4 & International)
Date: October 2018
Salary: Up to £55,000.00 plus quarterly bonus and benefits
Why join 9ine?
9ine Consulting is unique in the UK marketplace as an independent management consultancy and acts as a “trusted advisor” to educational organisations, ensuring decision makers can make informed choices on data protection, cybersecurity, safeguarding and technology.
9ine has clients in the UK, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Switzerland, Nigeria, Kenya, UAE, and the USA. The business is going through a period of growth and is ideal for anyone with ambition to push their personal boundaries and support a growing and nimble business.
This opportunity is for a Senior Technical Consultant to join a dynamic, growing business within a unique and interesting sector. You will support our clients in analysing, managing and developing their technology footprint. Working in a team, you will support in a consultancy capacity, but also for incident response given technical and cyber incidents.
Working as part of the technical team you will be responsible for managing and completing consultancy work in assessing client technology footprint following 9ine’s methodologies which are aligned with best practice models. Your independent and objective assessments will create a baseline of risk and mitigating actions required by the client to reduce their technical and service risks, and in doing so evidence their compliance with data protection and related law.
You will support clients in scoping systems development projects, providing management and technical quality assurance in the scope, design, development, implementation, testing and UAT.
When required, you will support peers in responding to critical technical and cyber incidents, providing our clients with third line triage support and actions to overcome or mitigate the issues created as a consequence of the incident.
Working from the office in London is required a minimum two days a week unless restricted by client or travel commitments.
- Deep understanding of working with a wide range of network technologies and associated services, ideally in the Education sector
- Excellent understanding of technical principles and protocols associated with large scale user environments.
- Can apply and adapt their knowledge to different vendors and environments in order provide network services and solutions.
- Experience of working in organisations with more than 1000 users with multiple technologies and multiple technical challenges.
- Excellent communication skills with expertise in managing diverse stakeholder interests.
- The ability to develop scope, plan & supervise delivery through to hand over to end users whilst maintaining cost, time & quality standards.
- The ability to manage contractors and client staff in complex environments, and communicate across stakeholders at all levels throughout our client organisations.
- Able to develop detailed scope and schedules of work.
- Ability to interrogate and assure design solutions and develop solutions based options.
- Ability to risk assesses technical situations and solutions.
- The ability to operate in a Quality Management environment with experience of ISO9001 standards.
- ITIL Service Management including Change Management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of Prince2
Specialist knowledge of the following:
- Experience in the design, build, and administration of Active Directory including managing Forests, Domains, Trust Relationships, Group Policies, replication and the integration and decommissioning of domains.
- Experience of implementing, managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting virtual environments including Hyper-V and VMware.
- Experience of administering and troubleshooting email platforms, both on-premise and cloud based.
- Competent with multiple flavours of the Windows Server and/or Linux platforms.
- Network services administration including DHCP, DNS, LDAP, RADIUS, Wi-Fi, VPN, SQL, network printing, backups and various other Infrastructure Services.
- Management and monitoring of a technical environment, including security administration.
- High level understanding and principles of networks and network services in a local and wide area networks including firewall and content filtering.
- Expertise in system-level security procedures.
- Expertise in storage systems and services.
- One or more scripting language (e.g. Powershell, Python, Perl, Bash).
You will ideally have:
- A minimum five years experience
- Experience in a consulting environment and to adapt to client requirements.
- Experienced in identifying appropriate solutions to given problems.
- Willing to adapt to client requirements.
- Able to apply logical and process driven solutions to problems.
A competitive package will be offered that is based on experience. Please provide an indication of your salary expectations within your cover letter. 9ine provide a comprehensive benefits scheme which includes: healthcare, life cover, and pension.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our assessment process takes into consideration the following:
- Evaluation of covering letter, CV, and personal portfolio, if successful;
- An initial telephone interview, if successful;
- A face-to-face 360 interview with the MD and key 9ine staff
- During this stage you will be asked to carry out an assessment in the form of scenario based questions.
We endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants, however this is not always possible. If you do not hear from us within 30 days we will not be progressing your application any further.