Balancing Safeguarding and Data Protection
Presented by Mark Orchison, Founder and MD, 9ine and Katie Rigg, Head of Safeguarding & Student Well-being, Council of International Schools.
The relationship between the welfare of children and data protection duties can sometimes create friction and anxiety. In this workshop these issues will be discussed and practical examples such as the transfer of child protection files between schools will be discussed.
In this webinar you will learn:
- The key safeguarding risks during COVID-19
- Safeguarding Law
- Key privacy and data protection risks during COVID-19
- Intersections between safeguarding and data protection
- Transfer of child protection files between schools
- How to minimise risk in safeguarding and data protection